Test 3 1. (FMU – SP) Choose the correct alternative:
“I want…….. one-dollar bill to buy……..envelope and……..useful book”, said…….. boy who has just arrived.
a) the – an – an - an
b) an – an – an- the
c) an – a – a – a
d) the – the – the – an
e) a – an – a – the
2. (Mackenzie – SP) There will always be a conflict between……… poor and…… rich. …….. poor people want ……… change but ………. rich people want……… things to stay………..same.
a) ….,….,…..,…..,….,…, the
b) the, the, ….,…,…,…, the
c) the, the, the, a, the, the, the
d) …,…, the, the, the, …,…
e) the, …, the, …, the, …, the
3. (ITA – SP) We had ........... lunch with……… old friend on…….. Saturday.
a) …, an, …
b) a, the, a
c) the, an, the
d) a, an, a
e) the, the, the
4. (FMU/fiam – SP) In ……….Brazil, differently from……… United States, if you want to enter ……… university, you have to take ……… exam which normally takes more than ……. hour.
a) the, the, an, a, a
b) …,…, an, an, a
c) …, the, a, an, an
d) …,…, a, an, an
e) …, the, an, an, an,
5. (Cesesp – PE) Choose the correct alternative: “Peter and Anne are friends of….. . I like….. very much. I suppose.......... also like me”.
a) me – they - she
b) mine – them – they
c) yours – her – she
d) them – them – they
e) him – him – he
1-B 2-B 3- A 4-C 5-B
Test 4 1. (UCBA – BA) When the ambulance arrived, the man............. already died.
2. (UGF – RJ) Susan refused Tom’s invitation to see My Fair Lady because she ............. it before.
a) have seen
b) had seen
c) has seen
3. (UFRS – RS)I did not see Paul. When I………. the room he had already left.
a) had entered
3) If I was he, I should buy a new house.
Constatamos que está(ão) correta(s):
a) apenas a sentença 1.
b) apenas a sentença 2.
c) apenas a sentença 3.
d) apenas as sentenças 1 e 2.
e) todas as sentenças.
1-B 2-B 3-B 4-B 5- B 6-B 7-C 8-B 9-B
Test 5 1. (Objetivo –SP) Choose the correct passive form for: “She has spilt some ink on the carpet”.
a) Some ink was spilt on the carpet.
b) Some ink was being spilt on the carpet.
c) The carpet had been spilt on the carpet
d) The carpet was spilt with ink.
e) Some ink has been spilt on the carpet.
2. (ABC –SP) A forma correta da voz ativa da frase “Many theorems can be written in four forms”, é:
a) In four forms can write many theorems.
b) One can write many theorems in four forms.
c) Four forms can write by many theorems in four forms.
d) We can written many theorems in four forms.
e) They can write many theorems in four forms.
3. (FEP – PA) They said: “We’ll go no matter what happens.” They said that they……….. no matter what…………… .
a) will go - happens
b) would go – happened
c) would have gone – happened
d) go – happened
e) had gone – can happen
4. (UFSE – SE) Assinale a melhor versão para o seguinte período:
Ela disse a Maria que não devia se deitar tarde.
a) She said Mary she ought not to go to sleep late.
b) She told Mary she should not go to bed late.
c) She talked to Mary she would not go and sleep late.
d) She said to Mary that she should not lay herself late.
e) She told Mary that she must not lie herself down late.
5. (Objetio –SP) O reported speech de Henry said, “Can you save a lot of money” é:
a) He asked me whether I could save a lot of money.
b) He asked me can I save a lot of money.
c) He asked to me save a lot of money.
d) He asked to save a lot of money.
e) He asked: save a lot of money.
6. (FMU/Fiam –SP) A forma passive de “Someone gave e a book” é:
a) I had been given a book.
b) A book had been given to me.
c) I was given a book.
d) A book to me is given.
7. (Osec – SP) A alternativa correta para a voz passive desta frase é:
“You must write the answers on one side of the paper only”.
a) The answers are written on one side of the paper only.
b) You must be written on one side of the paper only.
c) One side of the paper must be written by you.
d) The answers must be written on one side of the paper only.
8. (Cesgranrio – RJ) The active construction for “We are going to be invaded by such undesirable guests” is:
a) Such undesirable guests invaded us.
b) Such undesirable guests will invade us.
c) Such undesirable guests are going to invade us.
d) Such undesirable guests were going to invade us.
9. (Ufes – ES)One of those novels ………… by Hemingway.
a) have been written
b) was written
c) has written
d) are written
10. (Fundação Casper Líbero 2002 – SP) “I want to dedicate this election to the suffering poor of beloved Brazil”, Lula told hundreds of chanting, cheering supporters who had gathered at the polling place. Lula told that…
a) he wants to dedicate this election to the suffering poor of our beloved Brazil.
b) he wanted to dedicate that election to the suffering poor of our beloved Brazil.
c) he want dedicate that election to the suffering poor of our beloved Brazil.
d) he wanted to dedicate this election to the poor of our beloved Brazil.
e) he want to dedicate that election to the poor of our beloved Brazil.
1-E 2-B 3-B 4-B 5-A 6-B 7-D 8-C 9-A 10-B
Teste 6 1. (Fundação Casper Líbero – SP) “….But the appetite will probably not be quite enough to mop up the current mess. To thrive again, the Brazilian media will have to modernize itself after years of functioning in closed or protected market conditions. And ironically, in spite of the recent decision to allow foreign capital, it will probably have to fix things up without significant help from abroad, while facing perhaps its most difficult moment.”
The synonyms of the underlined words are:
a) mustn’t / mustn’t / mustn’t
b) may not / mustn’t / mustn’t
c) may not / must / should
d) may not / shouldn’t / should
e) must / may / may not
Teste 7 1. (UCBA – BA) If I……………… you, I wouldn’t marry him.
d) would be
2. (PUC – SP) If we……………….. a long vacation, we would have traveled.
a) had had
d) have had
3. (Fundação Carlos Chagas – BA)If I ………………. the truth, I would have acted in a different way.
c) had know
d) will know
4. (FMU/Fiam – SP) If mother……………. Here now, she………… you.
a) were / would help
d) Não dá para descansar quando se tem muito a trabalhar.
e) Não é possível curtir o descanso a menos que se tenha terminado o trabalho.
10. (Fuvest – SP) Choose the item which best completes the sentence: Diana wouldn’t be at the farm in time for dinner unless she........... by five.
a) would get away
b) gets away
c) got away
d) had got away
e) can get away
1-B 2-A 3-C 4-A 5-B 6-E 7-B 8-C 9-A 10-C
Teste 8 1. (PUC – SP /2003) Na frase “As we reached adolescence, my generation dreamed…”, a palavra “as” pode ser substituída, sem mudar o sentido, por:
d) as well as
Teste 9 1. (Cesgranrio – RJ) mark the sentence in which to remember or to remind is used incorrectly:
a) I reminded him to post the letter.
b) I remembered to send the telegram.
c) Did you remind how to do it?
d) Don’t forget to remind me about it tomorrow.
2. (Unb – DF) “Hello, Jack. Is your father going to……………… us the car tomorrow?”